Monday 7 October 2013

Mosters defeated (and some smelly stuff)

This morning I defeated the monster!

Here goes the story:

It started - as usual - around 4am. I was in the airport. It was a strange airport, because one would leave the baggage, they would tag it, and then one would have lots of time before the departure. So I had a lot of time. I was going to a client meeting, together with several other people from my company, from various countries. 

Just before the departure, we were supposed to grab the bags and carry them onto the aircraft (a very strange boarding procedure... wasn't it?). And apparently they had problems storing the bags, because they were everywhere. Many halls in the airport were filled with bags, bags on the shelves, bags under the chairs in the waiting areas. Many bags that looked similar to mine. But my bag ... guess what ... was not there.

That was my monster of the morning on the 5th October. I woke up, soaked with swept, horrified that I would arrive at an important client meeting without my suit, shirts, ties, shoes ... and will have to attend in a pair of jeans.

But then there was part 2 of the dream. I got back to sleep.

I arrived at the offices of the client. Our team was there, and we had a strange challenge: we had to get to the 5th floor, carrying our case with meeting materials. This was a strange case, like an old suitcase, with hard leather sides, reinforced on the edges with special patches. I am sure you know what I mean.  But the weirdest thing was the lift (US: elevator) that we had to use. It was nothing like a normal lift, more like a single rail, with a little platform (perhaps the size of 50 x 50 cm = 20 x 20"). The rail was sloped, the platform would upwards and downwards, and there was a little opening in the floor, through which one would get transported to the next floor. To make things more challenging, the platform was quite wobbly.

My colleague, who was very ambitious and a little pushy, grabbed the case with the materials and tired first. He lost balance and fell down though; I remember looking for an emergency switch, but luckily he was OK.

So I took the case and decided to use the stairs. The stairs were weird too - they looked like a very dense ladder, slanted too, and I had to crawl up that strange thing, pushing the case in front of me. Slowly, I made it. I pushed the case through a hole at the top of the "stairs", and the guys on the other side (client company staff) took it from me. Interestingly, the opening was too small for me to get through (it did not make sense, because the case was much fatter than I was, but everything is possible in a dream).

So I had to go all way down, and take the wobbly, dangerous lift. And I made it, the first time, no problems. Upstairs, there were the people from the client company, and .... my own suitcase was there! It had arrived somehow. And, for some reason, the client company staff opened it. And what they found in a plastic bag on the top? My smelly polo shirt and dirty socks. The ones in which I had travelled.

I could remember ever changing after the trip (and how, if I had no suitcase?). 

But I did not care.

No comments:

Post a Comment