Tuesday 22 October 2013

The siege is over - at least for now

The siege is over - for now. I woke up this morning, and I feel like I am born again. I am quite happy just because I do not feel the way I felt yesterday, and it was incredibly quick. I cannot understand what caused yesterday's gloom, and I can only tell you one thing:

It was awful.

I hardly got through the day, unable to focus on anything at work, feeling hopeless, and not seeing any sense in anything. The work sucked, the friends sucked, my family sucked, I sucked. I saw myself as worthless, my past life as full of mistakes, the presence being the consequence of my faults, and no hopes for the future either. At home, I could hardly force myself to do anything (I did, at the end of the day, play some sad music at the end on the piano, and I read two pages of a book in foreign language).  I was relieved when I could go to bed - and escape into the night. The only good thing I did yesterday was that I did not do anything stupid, like a bad decision at work, etc. But this is because I did not do anything at all.

There were no monsters at night. There was a strange dream - and quite disgusting. Basically I soiled the floor at home, and not only one spot, but a long stretch. And I slipped on it, and got soiled myself. My wife saw it. Then I got up, and said "So what? I am just sick." or something like that. I cleaned the floor, washed myself, and all was fine.

And then I got up, and I am fine too.

(Until the next time. One day was nothing, compared to feeling like that for many months. This is what I need to beware of)

No comments:

Post a Comment